Pediatric Hearing Aid Devices
Hearing loss is a concern for everyone no matter their age. This ailment is not always associated with old age but they affect children as well. Many studies show that two children in a group of a thousand are most likely to have hearing issues. Therefore, most of the siemens hearing aid dealers in Chennai emphasize the importance of pediatric hearing aid devices.
Every parent must look for early signs of hearing problems and look to solve them at the earliest. Generally, children would get a complete health checkup periodically as they reach a certain age. It is the responsibility of the parents to include hearing in those tests.
Difference between pediatric and normal hearing aids
Pediatric hearing aids are exactly the same as any other device. They have a microphone, processor, and receiver. The mechanism is very similar. However, there are some differences between these two hearing aids that set them apart.
- Durable: The foremost difference is the durability of pediatric hearing aids. That does not mean normal devices are not that durable. Since children engage in a lot of physical activity than adults, the make of this hearing aid is sturdier than others. It prevents the aid from wear and tear arising out of their daily routine.
- FM/DM system compatible: In simple terms, FM and DM are types of radio signals. When the sounds are in accordance with these, the child—especially in a school setting—would feel no difficulty in communication.
- Tamper-Resistant batteries: The hearing aid may have tiny parts inside its system, which can be harmful to the child. To ensure safety, pediatric hearing aids come with sealed battery cases so that the child does not handle it in a way he is not supposed to do.
- LED: Some hearing aids would have LEDs to let the parents know that the device is switched on and is working properly.
Hence, if you are looking for a pediatric hearing aid machine in Chennai, look for these features before buying one.
Why hearing aids are essential for kids?
After a parent notices certain signs that point to a hearing loss, it is very vital to consult an audiologist in Chennai to treat it right away. In such cases, the doctor would recommend hearing aids. But why is it so important?
- Sounds play a major part in developing proper brain functions when the child is growing. The initial three years are very crucial as this is the phase in which a large portion of the cognitive skill develops. Therefore, every child must get a considerable amount of sounds to enable proper speech.
- When a child is very young, no parent can feed language to them. It is one such activity that is done by the child himself with little to no help from the parent. Only if his hearing is good, he can catch and understand the language in which he is constantly exposed throughout the day. This natural processing of sound is very essential to nurture their speaking ability.
A child, by their instinct, would not be much pleased with the hearing device. The parent needs to ensure that the child wears it for the recommended duration. A habit must be made out of wearing hearing aids regularly. There is another thing that needs attention. Since the child cannot express what they feel, it is incumbent upon the parent to properly check for issues periodically.
Adro Hearing Aid has been providing hearing aids for a long time. We can give you the right product to alleviate your hearing issues. Our hearing aid price in Chennai is very economical because our priority is to satisfy our customers with appropriate solutions.