Hearing loss can occur at any age, from childhood to older adulthood, and can be caused by several causes, including disease and head injuries. Hearing loss is characterized as a decrease in the ability to hear sounds in one or both ears. Deafness is the inability to hear at all is more uncommon. Hearing loss is common as people get older, and it may start as early as 20 years old. Hearing loss is usually a progressive problem; sudden hearing loss is uncommon.
- Viruses and diseases
- An abnormality of the genome
- A congenital defect is a birth defect that occurs at birth
- An ear or skull injury or trauma
- The mechanism of aging
- Wax in the ear or ear fluid
It’s also important to think about the type of hearing loss you’ve experienced, which is determined by which part of your ear is affected.
Adapting to Hearing Loss
- Make use of a hearing aid from the best Hearing aid machine in Chennai.
- Cochlear implants are a form of hearing aid that is inserted into the ear (which are surgically implanted in the ear)
- Make use of equipment to amplify sounds (listening systems for TV or radio or amplifying devices for the telephone)
- Also, check out the several Hearing aid prices in Chennai for your reference.
- If you have hearing loss, you will learn to connect with others in new ways and don’t be afraid to ask others to talk slowly and clearly. When conversing, pay careful attention and try to keep background noise to a minimum.